You know you’re a nerd when…
aka 19 reasons why you’re cooler than me (and 1 reason why you’re cooler than my girlfriend)
- You remember your favourite IP address. (188.8.131.52)
- You remember the phone number of your favourite dialup BBS. (xxx-253-5558 – Edge of Eternity BBS, Toronto, circa 1994)
- You know which modem is faster – 9600 baud Hayes or 9600 baud courier.
- You know what D&D character you would be IRL. (Chaotic Good Elf Bard Mage)
- You feel the impulse to “save your game” after accomplishing something IRL. (like Ai – “F5!”)
- You use the term IRL IRL.
- You have a folder of Windows desktop screenshots.
- You hear a “ding” somewhere and you look down to see who’s PMing you. (a la Guild Wars)
- You size up everyday objects and consider how big your katamari needs to be.
- You’ve met internet friends for the first time and were asked to match faces to aliases.
- You continued to call those people by their alias to their faces.
- You say “SYN” and your friend says “ACK”.
- You think video games are superior to real life in every way but in load times.
- You occasionally get the Tetris or Kirby’s Dream Land themes stuck in your head.
- You want to smash others with your car after playing Need for Speed.
- You nitpick minute technical inaccuracies in a movie with space monsters.
- You trade an ISA sound card for an Atari-style serial joystick at a 2600 swap meet.
- You go camping for the weekend and come home with second hand CDs and videos.
- You tell people to RTFM without doing so yourself.
- j00 5p311 f4573r 1n numb3r5 7h4n y0ur fr13nd5 d0 1n l3773r5.